How Long Can I Check Out a Book, CD, Movie, or Periodical?
You can check out books, CD’s, DVD’s, VHS’s, and periodicals for 3 weeks. You may also renew them if there is no one else waiting for those items after the 3 week period is up. Renewals may be made over the phone (406-424-8345) or in person.
Rural Schools and Home Schools
Rural and home school teachers may check out materials for use on a 6 week borrowing schedule. Overdue fines will not be charged. Schools are responsible for the replacement of lost or damaged materials.
A hold may be placed on any item in circulation. Items must be picked up within 72 hours of notification, or the item will be returned to circulation.
You Don’t Have the Book I Want!
Interlibrary loan is available if we don’t have the book you want.
What If I Forget to Bring Items Back When They Are Due?
There is a 5 cent per day fine for all overdue items. If fines accumulate to $10.00, checkout privileges will be suspended. After 3 months, overdue items are considered lost and the borrower is responsible for replacement of those items.
Do I Have To Be Polite in the Library?
In general, any disruptive behavior is discouraged. Also any activity which interferes with the rights of other patrons using the library or could cause injury to oneself, others, or library property is unacceptable.
Can I Use A Computer?
There are four computers available to patrons. You do not need a library card to use a computer; visitors are welcome. Here is what you need to know before using a computer:
- Please, no food or drinks near the computer.
- Check in with the librarian before you use a computer to make sure it is available. You may use the computer for 1 hour a day. In special circumstances the librarian may allow more time on the computer.
- Reservations for a computer may be made over the phone or in person. If you are more than 15 minutes late your computer time may be relinquished. If reservations are not made, computers may be used on a first come, first serve basis.
- A printer is available; printouts are 25 cents per page. The library does not accept credit or debit cards. Local checks are accepted.
- Please use the headphones provided if you will be listening to audio.
- When you are finished please close the program you are using, but do not shut off the computer.
- Users may not violate federal, state, or local laws.
- Internet access is provided by the library free of charge.
- Users are responsible for the material they access and the use of this material.
- The library maintains no responsibility for the security of any personal information or communication.
- Please do not leave personal equipment such as laptops, flash drives, cell phones, etc. unattended within the library. Personal equipment is the sole responsibility of the individual.
The content above is only a partial list of Toole County Library’s policies and procedures. A full list of these policies and procedures is available at the library.
I am interested in locating an obituary for a relative. Her name os Bessie D. Engle died February 3, 1932 in Kevin.
Would you have such an item?
If not, could you suggest where I might look?
I am sorry to say that we do not have copies of our local newspaper dating back to 1932. You might try contacting our local newspaper office – The Shelby Promoter, to see if they have the copy you are searching for.
Do I need a library card? What would it take to get one?
If you want to check out books or DVDs, then yes, you need a card. If you want to use the computers, fax, or copy machine, then no, you don’t need a card for those. You need to bring a photo i.d. if you want a library card.